Daiwa Coastal TWS 80 Left Hand Baitcast Reel - CLTW80HL
Free Shipping on orders of $100 or more
Coastal TWS 80 Left Hand Baitcast Reel - CLTW80HL
Daiwa designed the Coastal TW80 with its advanced Hyper Drive Design. Our HYPER DRIVE DESIGN is comprised of four key technologies- HYPER DRIVE DIGIGEAR, HYPER DOUBLE SUPPORT, HYPER ARMED HOUSING, and HYPER TOUGH CLUTCH.
- HYPERDRIVE DIGIGEAR- a brand-new gear design makes the teeth of the gears more efficient at transferring power, therefore making the gear set feel smoother, more powerful, and also reducing gear noise.
- HYPER DOUBLE SUPPORT- a two-bearing support system for the reel's pinion gear means no flex and an ultra-smooth retrieve/ gear rotation.
- HYPER ARMED HOUSING- the reel features an aluminum frame and side plate for maximum rigidity and precision performance of the internal components.
- HYPER TOUGH CLUTCH- a redesigned and reinforced clutch mechanism that increases durability and performance.
Another bonus for the Coastal 80 is its UTD (Ultimate Tournament Drag) system, which includes impregnated drag discs that are about 30 times more durable than typical discs, considerably increasing the effective drag power while also reducing start-up resistance.
Daiwa’s revolutionary T-Wing System addresses the issue of traditional line guide/level wind systems constricting line flow by delivering a T-shaped line guide that is larger, wider, and less restrictive. TWS allows lines to exit freely from the spool with minimal line angle and minimal friction, thereby reducing line noise and backlash, and delivering more accurate and longer casts.
A system that combines ultra smooth low inertia with ultimate fish-stopping power. UTD combines advanced carbon washers, alloy, and stainless steel drag plates with specially designed grease for ultra-smooth performance.
Daiwa's exclusive swept handle moves the paddles closer to the rod's centerline. The result is less wobble of the rod and reel in your hand as you crank. That means less wasted energy - a more powerful retrieve.
Hyper Drive Design
The design concepts are the pinnacle of durability and innovation. The Hyper Drive Design consists of four new elements: Hyper Armed Housing, Hyper Drive Digigear, Hyper Double Support, Hyper Tough Clutch.
- Bearings: 4CRBB+1
- Gear Ratio: 7.1
- Line Per Crank: 27.9"
- Weight: 6.5oz
- Mono Capacity: 16/105
- J Braid Capacity: 20/160, 30/115
- Drag Max: 11