Garmin GPSMAP 742xs Plus Touchscreen GPS/Fishfinder Combo
Free Shipping on orders of $100 or more
GPSMAP® 742xs Plus Touchscreen GPS/Fishfinder Combo
ClearVü and Traditional CHIRP Sonar with Mapping
Advanced navigation. Ultimate integration. This compact 7” GPSMAP® 742xsv Plus touchscreen combo features enhanced map drawing and seamlessly integrates into your Garmin marine system for complete control of your connected helm. It supports 1 kW CHIRP traditional sonar, ClearVü scanning sonar, and Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope™ sonar. Preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps give you the best of Garmin and Navionics® data and Auto Guidance* technology. Share maps, user data, radar, and IP cameras among multiple units using the Garmin Marine Network. NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 networking connects you to autopilots, digital switching, weather, media, VHF, AIS, and other sensors. Plus, this unit uses ANT® technology to pair with compatible Garmin devices, such as marine watches, transducers, wireless remote controls, and more. It also includes built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features, such as laylines, race features, set and drift, wind data, and more.
*Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
- Bright, sunlight-readable 7” intuitive touchscreen combo with enhanced map drawing
- Built-in 1 kW CHIRP traditional and ClearVü scanning sonar (transducers sold separately)
- Supports Panoptix™ all-seeing sonar, including Panoptix LiveScope™ sonar
- J1939 engine connectivity for easy integration with engines, such as Yamaha, and our exclusive OneHelm™ feature for connecting to third-party devices, such as EmpirBus™ digital switching
- Easily build your marine system — from sonar and autopilots to cameras and multimedia — using NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 network connectivity and the Garmin Marine Network
- Preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps with integrated Navionics® data and Auto Guidance1 technology
- Built-in Garmin SailAssist™ features, including laylines, race features, set and drift, wind data, and more
- Add a free all-in-one ActiveCaptain® app to manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere
Traditional & Scanning Sonars
Get built-in support for 1 kW CHIRP traditional sonar for superior target separation and ClearVü scanning sonar to see up to 1,000’ below your boat at 260 kHz (transducer sold separately).
Panoptix™ Sonar Support
Pair with Panoptix or Panoptix LiveScope™ easy-to-interpret live sonar (transducer sold separately) to see all around your boat in real-time.
Experience unparalleled coverage and detail with preloaded BlueChart® g3 coastal charts and LakeVü g3 inland maps featuring integrated Garmin and Navionics® content and Auto Guidance1 technology.
Optional BlueChart® g3 Vision® Charts
Upgrade to our reliable premium charts, which add even more industry-leading features, such as high-resolution relief shading, to help you on each trip.
Garmin Marine Network
If you have multiple Garmin devices on your boat, you can share information — such as maps, user data, radar, and IP cameras — among them.
NMEA 2000® & NMEA0183 Networks
Connect to autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link™ audio system, media, VHF, AIS, and more from one screen.
Built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity pairs with the free all-in-one mobile app for access to the OneChart™ feature, smart notifications2, software updates, Garmin Helm, Garmin Quickdraw™ Community data, and more.
Integrated ANT® Technology
Connect with some of your favorite devices, such as quatix® marine watches, gWind™ Wireless 2 transducers, GNX™ Wind marine instruments, and wireless remote controls.
Now you can connect your chartplotter to different engines, including Yamaha engines.
This exclusive feature combines all the operations and capabilities of third-party devices, such as EmpirBus™ digital switching, on one screen.
In The Box:
- GPSMAP 742xs Plus chartplotter
- Power cable
- Bail mount with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective cover
- Trim piece snap covers
1 Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations
2 When paired with a compatible smartphone
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Screen Size: 7"
- Transducer Included: No
- Cartography Brand: Garmin
- Box Dimensions: 9"H x 10"W x 14"L WT: 5 lbs
- UPC: 753759240738
Owner's Manual (pdf)