General Purpose Conventional Combo, 2.8:1 Gear Ratio, 6'6" 1pc Rod 15lb Max Drag
Free Shipping on orders of $100 or more
The popularity of Penn 209 and 309 Level Wind reels is unwavering, even though the design and look date back to the early 1940s with a simplistic, functional, and durable design that is extremely capable. A growing resurgence in the popularity of this retro-styled series is taking place as anglers worldwide have found their reliability and incredible toughness is at home anywhere - fresh or saltwater.
Matched with a Mariner stand up rod, this combo allows you to be versed in various fishing applications with unparalleled durability and reliability.
- Machined and anodized aluminum spool
- Machine cut brass main gear
- Precision-machined stainless steel pinion gear
- HT-100 drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads
- 1 piece solid glass blank
- Graphite reel seat
- EVA grips
- Reel Size: 309
- Mono Capacity (yds./lbs.): 450/20, 300/30 and 250/40
- Braid Capacity (yds./lbs.): 625/50, 525/65 and 450/80
- Max Drag: 15 lbs.
- Gear Ratio: 2.8:1
- Retrieve Rate: 20"
- Rod Length: 6'6"
- Rod Action: Medium
- Number of Pieces: 1
- Rod Power: Medium
- Line Rating: 20-50 lbs.
- Number of Guides: 6
- Guide Type: Aluminum Oxide